Meetup is an online social networking portal that facilitates offline group meetings in various localities around the world. Meetup allows members to find and join groups unified by a common interest, such as politics, books, games, movies, health, pets, careers or hobbies. Users enter their postal code or their city and the topic they want to meet about, and the website helps them arrange a place and time to meet. Topic listings are also available for users who only enter a location. Meetup receives revenue by charging fees to administrators of groups, currently at $12 to $19 per month depending on the payment plan.
Adding Meet up events into your Google calendar
- Go to your Google calendar in your web browser https://www.google.com/calendar/
- On the left side you will see “my calendars” and below it “other calendars”.
- Click the down arrow/triangle on the right side of the words “other calendars” and choose “add by URL”
- Then enter webcal://www.meetup.com/<MEETUP NAME>/events/ical (eg. webcal://www.meetup.com/blrdroid/events/ical)
- And you can stay up to date on your phone if you sync your google calendar with your smart phone.
- Synching your contacts and calendar with your phone will change your life.
Choose based on your interest and location or look around by searching.